- Total revenue was $14.7 million in the first quarter of 2011, a decline of 1% from fourth quarter 2010 revenue of $14.9 million. This decline was primarily due to the completion of several one-time projects and the termination of an engagement which in the aggregate reduced revenues by $0.8 million, partially offset by a $0.6 million increase in recurring revenue. Year-over-year revenue was lower by approximately 5%.
- The Company generated pre-tax income of $0.1 million compared to a ($0.3) million pre-tax loss in the fourth quarter of 2010 and a ($0.9) million pre-tax loss in the first quarter of 2010. Higher-margin revenue was the primary contributor to the increases in operating margins, bolstered by innovations in processes and technology.
- Net earnings were at break-even in the first quarter of 2011, or less than $0.01 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.2 million in the preceding quarter, or $0.05 per diluted share, and a net loss of $1.4 million, or ($0.06) per diluted share, in the first quarter of 2010. Net income in the preceding quarter reflected significant tax benefits to the Company in that period.
- The company’s balance sheet continues to be strong with $28.6 million in cash, cash equivalents and investments as of March 31, 2011, compared to $28 million at the end of December 31, 2010, and stockholders’ equity of $39.5 million as of March 31, 2011.
Innodata Isogen Reports First Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.