WEST MELBOURNE, Fla., April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- RELM Wireless Corporation (NYSE Amex: RWC) announced today the successful completion of P25 interoperability tests on P25 trunked infrastructure provided by Harris Corporation in Lynchburg, VA. Harris is recognized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to conduct P25 interoperability testing as part of the P25 Compliance Assessment Program (CAP).
RELM's KNG-Series radios have now exceeded the requirements of the CAP; having been successfully tested for trunked interoperability on four different manufacturers P25 infrastructure systems. The CAP requirement is to prove interoperability on three systems. The Company has previously announced successful testing on Motorola ( March 23, 2010), EF Johnson ( November 17, 2010) and Tait/EADS ( February 1, 2011) trunked radio systems.
Each of these four tests was conducted as part of the formal P25 Compliance Assessment Program (CAP). The P25 CAP is a result of legislation passed by the U.S. Congress to improve communication interoperability for first responders, and is a partnership of the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Command, Control and Interoperability Division, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, radio equipment manufacturers, and the emergency response community. The P25 CAP establishes a process for ensuring that equipment complies with P25 standards and is capable of interoperating across P25 trunked systems of different manufacturers. Additional information on the P25 CAP can be found online at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV