Charlotte Mecklenburg Middle Schools were challenged by Coca-Cola and Walgreens to take the “give it back” pledge. A “give it back” pledge card was designed to communicate the importance of recycling at home, at school and throughout the community.
Sixth grade students were asked to take the “give it back” pledge by signing one pledge card of their own and then were challenged to go out into their community to collect nine more signed pledge cards. The contest was a homeroom versus homeroom challenge and ran from March 14 through March 25, 2011.
Coca-Cola rewarded the top sixth grade homerooms with a $25 Walgreens gift card and a $50 Walgreens gift card went to each participating school’s designated representative. There were a total of 18 CMS middle schools that participated in this year’s “give it back” challenge and over 11,000 pledge cards were collected over a two week period!
Coca-Cola sponsored this contest as part of their “give it back” initiative. Coca-Cola, in partnership with Red Moon Marketing, has been working with Charlotte Mecklenburg Middle Schools teaching about the importance of recycling throughout the past three years. In previous challenges, schools have been challenged to see which middle school can collect the most recyclables and which can create and build a recycled figure that best represents Coca-Cola’s “give it back” program.Lauren Steele, VP of Corporate Affairs , of Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated Company, said, “Coca-Cola challenges the Charlotte Mecklenburg Middle Schools with recycling projects and collection efforts so the students can apply their recycling knowledge. The message of “give it back” will help the students understand how important recycling is for their future.” To learn more about the Coca-Cola “give it back” message, visit www.livepositively.com OR to learn more about Coca-Cola in your Charlotte community, visit www.cokecharlotte.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV