GREENWICH, Conn., April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Blue Harbour Group, a significant shareholder in Savvis, Inc. (Nasdaq: SVVS) since May 2010, today issued the following statement from its Chief Executive Officer, Clifton S. Robbins, commenting on Savvis's agreement to be acquired by CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) for $40.00 per share in cash and stock:
"Blue Harbour has been supportive of Savvis management's commitment to create and unlock value. Since the time of our investment, Jim Ousley and his team have accelerated growth and built an enterprise that has delivered significant value for its customers and shareholders. CenturyLink's acquisition recognizes that Savvis is an excellent company with strategic assets, strong cash flows and growth prospects."
Blue Harbour recently disclosed ownership of approximately 2 million Savvis shares, or about 3.5 percent of shares outstanding.
Blue Harbour Group was formed in 2004 to pursue a private equity approach to public markets by acting as a lead minority investor, working cooperatively with managements and boards to create and unlock shareholder value.Contact: Adam Weiner or Victoria Weld212-521-4800 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com SOURCE Blue Harbour Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV