GREENWICH, Conn., April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Blue Harbour Group, a significant shareholder in Savvis, Inc. (Nasdaq: SVVS) since May 2010, today issued the following statement from its Chief Executive Officer, Clifton S. Robbins, commenting on Savvis's agreement to be acquired by CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) for $40.00 per share in cash and stock:
"Blue Harbour has been supportive of Savvis management's commitment to create and unlock value. Since the time of our investment, Jim Ousley and his team have accelerated growth and built an enterprise that has delivered significant value for its customers and shareholders. CenturyLink's acquisition recognizes that Savvis is an excellent company with strategic assets, strong cash flows and growth prospects."
Blue Harbour recently disclosed ownership of approximately 2 million Savvis shares, or about 3.5 percent of shares outstanding.
Blue Harbour Group was formed in 2004 to pursue a private equity approach to public markets by acting as a lead minority investor, working cooperatively with managements and boards to create and unlock shareholder value.Contact: Adam Weiner or Victoria Weld212-521-4800 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Blue Harbour Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV