NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets soared after the Fed's decision to maintain the status quo on interest rates and quantitative easing.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 95.59, or 0.76%, to 12,690.96. The S&P 500 rose 8.42, or 0.62%, to 1355.66. The Nasdaq gained 22.34, or 0.78%, to 2,869.88.
The trading panel on CNBC's "Fast Money" show focused on Bernanke's comments in his first press conference.
Tim Seymour commended Bernanke for his transparency and for not "throwing any curve balls." He said the Fed will do all that it can to get people to invest in the U.S. even though it means living with a weak dollar, a route the markets have endorsed.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV