It's hard to go over a list of short squeeze stocks without at least mentioning Under Armour (UA). The $3.6 billion athletic apparel company was the best-performing stock of September's group, cashing in 56.88% gains on its own. Even though shorts have largely fled shares, investors shouldn't discount the upside left in this stock.
That's because Under Armour has emerged as one of the most appealing companies in this big-ticket industry, going up against behemoth firms like Nike (NKE) for a piece of this very saturated market. The thing is, Under Armour is different enough to actually grow its U.S. sales by a material amount while taking on international sales at the same time the larger firms push abroad in search of top-line growth.Right now, Under Armour is able to command a premium price for its offerings. As long as the firm continues to be protective of its brand, those prices (and their net margins) should continue to flow to the company's income statement. To see these plays in action, check out the Apparel Short Squeeze Stocks Portfolio at Stockpickr. And to find short-squeeze plays of your own, be sure to check out the Stockpickr Answers community for insights and investment ideas. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV