ATLANTA and PURCHASE, N.Y., April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI) and MasterCard Worldwide today announced the launch of the SunTrust Campus Card, an innovative product that integrates a student identification (ID) card with a MasterCard reloadable prepaid card.
With this new campus card, universities and colleges will now be able to offer their students access to a reloadable prepaid account to pay for everyday expenses on and, in some instances, off campus, while benefiting from the flexibility and security of a reloadable prepaid card. In the instance of off campus use, students will be able to use the SunTrust Campus Card to make purchases at millions of locations where MasterCard cards are accepted or withdraw funds without a fee from more than 2,900 SunTrust ATMs. Safer and more convenient than cash, the prepaid card will also provide students greater security and control over their finances.
"The SunTrust Campus Card program offers colleges and universities a simplified way to disburse funds while making the financial lives of their students easier," said Whitney Stewart, Senior Vice President, Senior Payment Strategy Manager, SunTrust Banks. "By linking an ID card with a MasterCard reloadable prepaid card, the SunTrust Campus Card empowers students with a convenient and safe way to pay for expenses and manage funds both on and off campus."
Students and parents can easily add funds to the cards via an online site. In addition, and in some instances, certain colleges and universities can directly load financial aid disbursements onto the SunTrust Campus Card, replacing the need for paper-based payments.Providing Access to Funds and a Financial Education The SunTrust Campus Card program can easily be customized, enabling participating schools to select the desired level of card functionality and the extent of financial access they wish to provide eligible students.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV