It was not a core business for us. We have planned on a runoff, and we are redeploying the cash off that business in core loans in our core banking area.
We had to weigh it against the enormous opportunities in the NYC market area.
TheStreet: Can strong corporate earnings be enough to offset fears about U.S. fiscal policy and the rush into gold?
Millman: I would say that from our perspective, our clients are not fearful at all. They are entrepreneurial business owners. People with the courage to start businesses are optimists by nature. Our clients are quite optimistic about their future, the future of the economy and see lot of opportunities.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Philip van Doorn. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV