3. Neoprobe (NEOP) is a biomedical company that develops and commercializes oncology products. The company markets a range of medical devices, its neoprobe gamma detection systems (GDS). In addition to ITS medical device products, it has two radiopharmaceutical products, Lymphoseek and RIGScan CR, in advanced phases of clinical development.
The company is expected to report its first quarter 2011 results on Apr. 28. Total revenue is forecast to increase 10.4% to $2.9 million from $2.7 million in the year-ago quarter. Net loss is seen narrowing to $1.7 million or 2 cents per share, as compared to $2.5 million or 3 cents per share reported in the first quarter of 2010.
Recently, LifeSci Advisors LLC, a leading provider of investment research and investor relations services in the life sciences sector, initiated coverage on the stock. "Lymphoseek, Neoprobe's new small molecule radiopharmaceutical agent designed to detect lymph nodes during intraoperative lymphatic mapping procedures for patients with various forms of cancer, has the potential to become a 'best in class' imaging diagnostic," said Andrew I. McDonald, Ph.D., Managing Director at LifeSci Advisors.Of the four analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 21.9% to $5.81 in value from current levels. The stock has gained 146% in the past one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV