3. Neoprobe (NEOP) is a biomedical company that develops and commercializes oncology products. The company markets a range of medical devices, its neoprobe gamma detection systems (GDS). In addition to ITS medical device products, it has two radiopharmaceutical products, Lymphoseek and RIGScan CR, in advanced phases of clinical development.
The company is expected to report its first quarter 2011 results on Apr. 28. Total revenue is forecast to increase 10.4% to $2.9 million from $2.7 million in the year-ago quarter. Net loss is seen narrowing to $1.7 million or 2 cents per share, as compared to $2.5 million or 3 cents per share reported in the first quarter of 2010.
Recently, LifeSci Advisors LLC, a leading provider of investment research and investor relations services in the life sciences sector, initiated coverage on the stock. "Lymphoseek, Neoprobe's new small molecule radiopharmaceutical agent designed to detect lymph nodes during intraoperative lymphatic mapping procedures for patients with various forms of cancer, has the potential to become a 'best in class' imaging diagnostic," said Andrew I. McDonald, Ph.D., Managing Director at LifeSci Advisors.Of the four analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 21.9% to $5.81 in value from current levels. The stock has gained 146% in the past one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV