4. CONMED (CNMD) is a medical technology company with an emphasis on surgical devices and equipment for minimally invasive procedures and monitoring. The company's products serve the clinical areas of arthroscopy, powered surgical instruments, electrosurgery, patient care, endosurgery and endoscopic technologies.
The company is scheduled to report its first quarter 2011 results on Apr. 28. Net income is projected to surge to $23.6 million from $7.3 million in the comparable quarter of last year. On a per share basis, earnings are seen at 31 cents compared to 25 cents. Total revenue is forecasted to increase 2.8 to $181.3 million from $176.4 million, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
During Feb, the company announced that its CONMED Linvatec business unit launched five new medical devices in its Sports Medicine and Capital product lines. Furthermore, the company expects its 2011 revenue to be in the range of $745-$755 million, and earnings between $1.40 and $1.50 per share.Of the six analysts covering the stock, 33% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 18.7% to $33.5 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV