7. Abaxis (ABAX) develops, manufactures, markets and sells portable blood analysis systems for use in any human or veterinary patient-care setting to provide clinicians with rapid blood constituent measurements. The company has two segments: the medical market and the veterinary market.
The company is expected to report its fourth quarter and full year 2011 results on Apr. 28. Total revenue is forecast to increase 8% to $36.4 million from $33.7 million in the year-ago quarter. Moreover, earnings are likely to surge 35% to $3.6 million or 16 cents per share from $2.6 million or 12 cents per share reported during fourth quarter 2010.
For full year 2011, earnings are forecast to increase 13.4% to $14.8 million or 65 cents per share on revenue of $142.8 million compared to $13 million or 58 cents per share on revenue of $124.6 million reported during 2010.During Feb. 2011, the company announced a $2.8 million equity investment in Scandinavian Micro Biodevices APS (SMB), a privately-held developer and manufacturer of point-of-care diagnostic products for veterinary use. Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 6.3% to $30.8 in value from current levels. Analysts at Zacks Investment Research recently reiterated a neutral rating on the stock maintaining a price target of $30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV