RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (NASDAQ: KOOL), a leading supplier of innovative products and services that process and store adult stems cells, said BoyaLife, a major stem cell bank in China, has become the largest operating cord blood banking organization in the country to commit to the implementation of its AXP® AutoXpress™ (AXP) and BioArchive® Systems used to process and store stem cells from cord blood.
Located in Wuxi, China, the BoyaLife stem cell bank opened two years ago, and is the first and only bank in China to be in accordance with international design standards of the American Blood Bank Association. BoyaLife is currently developing capacity to store over a million stem cell units.
BoyaLife is one of the Company's three cord blood products customers in China. Two other operators of cord blood stem cell banks in China, Beike Biotechnology (Beike) and Nanshan Memorial Medical Institute (Nanshan), have recently purchased AXP and BioArchive Systems from ThermoGenesis and will be installing them in the near future.
"With the addition of BoyaLife, we now have three of China's leading stem cell banks as customers for our cord blood devices. Industry analysts expect the China cord blood market to surpass the U.S. and reach $2 billion later this decade, of which we estimate our addressable market is 10-15%. We are pleased with our increasing presence in this rapidly expanding market and our ability to realize a key element of the Company's growth strategy--the expansion of our offerings into new and potential high-growth markets," said J. Melville Engle, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ThermoGenesis."As we implement our aggressive stem cell storage expansion initiative, we are pleased to be partnering with ThermoGenesis. They are providing leading-edge technology to the cord blood market and with the forecast for rapid growth in cord blood collections in China, we look forward to working with them in capitalizing on the market opportunity," said Dr. Xian- Chun Xu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BoyaLife. About BoyaLife BoyaLife Inc. ( www.boyalife.com), is a leading Chinese biopharmaceutical company applying cutting edge technologies in stem cells preservation and developing novel therapies for human diseases. BoyaLife is currently developing capacity to store 1.5 million stem cell units, making it the largest bank in China. About ThermoGenesis Corp. ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP® AutoXpress™ Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP™ MarrowXpress™ and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q™ 60 BMC (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates.
- The CryoSeal® FS System, an automated device and companion sterile blood processing disposable, used to prepare fibrin sealants from plasma in about an hour. The CryoSeal FS System is approved in the U.S. for liver resection surgeries. The CryoSeal FS System has received the CE-Mark which allows sales of the product throughout the European community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV