NEW YORK, LONDON, and SYDNEY, April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc., a global provider of online trading services specializing in foreign exchange (forex or FX) and contracts for difference (CFDs), today announced the global launch of its new app for Android mobile devices, FOREXTrader for Android.
The new application, now available as a free English-language download in the Android Marketplace, offers Android users secure access to their FOREX.com accounts with full trading capabilities, up to the minute news, charts, research and account information.
"Android users were previously able to access their FOREX.com accounts through our mobile website but, with the rapid growth of Android-powered smartphones, we wanted to give our customers a more feature-rich experience designed specifically for the Android OS," said Samantha Roady, chief marketing officer for GAIN Capital. "With the addition of FOREXTrader for Android, we now have trading solutions for the two fastest growing mobile operating systems in the world."
FOREX.com launched FOREXTrader for iPhone and FOREX.com Mobile in 2010.FOREXTrader for Android includes:
- Quotes on 59 currency pairs, including spot gold and silver, as well as a dozen contracts for difference (CFDs) on commodities and major equity indices*;
- A variety of order types, including market, limit, stop, One Cancels Others (OCO), If Then, If Then / OCO and Trailing Stop;
- Live newsfeed from Dow Jones;
- FOREX.com's proprietary FOREXInsider, providing streaming market commentary and analysis during market hours;
- Candlestick and line charts available for 1m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 30m, 1h, 2h & 4h, daily, weekly, and monthly time intervals; and
- Account balances, P&L and more.