6. The Toro Company (TTC) designs, manufactures and markets professional turf maintenance equipment and services, turf and agricultural micro-irrigation systems, landscaping equipment, and residential yard and snow removal products. It operates in three segments: professional, residential and distribution.
For first quarter 2011, the company reported net earnings of $17.3 million, or 53 cents per share, on net sales of $383.2 million, compared to net earnings of $10.9 million, or 32 cents per share, on net sales of $331.4 million in the year ago period. Strong performance across segments prompted growth.
The company recently paid a regular quarterly cash dividend of 20 cents per share. Going forward, the company expects 2011 net earnings at $3.40 per share on a revenue increase of about 7%. For second quarter 2011, the company expects to report net earnings of about $1.58 per share.Of the five analysts covering the stock, 40% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate a 6.9% upside to $71 in value from current levels. The stock has gained 18% during the past one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV