"We believe Intel's recent comments are incrementally positive for ARM's market share in smartphones and tablets, with ARM maintaining more than 95% market share in 2012," explained Francois Meunier, an analyst at Morgan Stanley, in a recent note.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for ARM to report revenue of $173.79 million and earnings of 11 cents a share when the company posts its results on Wednesday, up from $143.3 million and 9.3 cents a share in the prior year's quarter.Jefferies, which recently raised its ARM price target, expects the company to deliver revenue of $190.3 million. Sales are likely to include $105.6 million of royalties on 1.8 billion devices shipped and licensing revenue of $58.4 million, according to Simpson. Investors will also be eager to weigh the impact of the Japanese earthquake on ARM's customers when the company posts its first-quarter numbers. "Concerns over Japan-based disruptions to ARM's end-markets (we have recently trimmed our Q2 11 handset market forecast to 357m from 375m) are likely to be the main focus of these results," explained Societe Generale's Knox. ARM's stock dipped 4 cents, or 0.13%, to $30.96 in late trades on Tuesday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV