Meanwhile, there are some worthwhile upside trades setting up right now as well. The first comes from internet authentication servicer Verisign (VRSN), which is showing traders an ascending triangle setup right now. Shares will need to break above $37.50 resistance before this stock becomes buyable.
An ascending triangle setup is a formation that's characterized by a horizontal upside resistance level, and uptrending support below. As shares get squeezed toward that glut of supply at the stock's resistance level, the chances for a breakout above the price barrier become significantly greater. The trade signal occurs on that move above the resistance level -- not before.
With a secondary support level at the 50-day moving average, risk is seriously mitigated in shares of Verisign. April 28 earnings could be a strong catalyst for the move higher, although price action near the apex of the triangle could spur a breakout earlier than that.One big bet on Verisign comes from Renaissance Technologies, which owns 3.3 million shares of the stock as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV