BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The past few months have proven tough for traders -- you need only look at major banks' financials to see that it's true. Trading, which had previously been a last bastion of profitability during the volatility-drenched markets of 2008, is looking like a drag on earnings in the first quarter of 2011.
That difficult environment for traders isn't likely to last much longer, however; with broad-based breakouts taking shape in major commodities, and earnings threatening to push the S&P 500 above its previous highs, market participants could see volatility re-enter the market in a meaningful way in May.
That's why it makes sense to check out a fresh batch of promising technical setups right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV