Company Profile: Dynatronics makes medicine and aesthetic products used by physical therapists, chiropractors, sports-medicine practitioners, podiatrists and physicians.In March, Dynatronics announced that it signed a contract with FirstChoice Cooperative, the third group purchasing organization contract the company signed in two months. In April, the company regained compliance with the Nasdaq's listing requirements, as the stock climbed above $1 a share to satisfy the minimum bid price requirement. Current Share Price: $1.79 (April 26) 2011 Total Return: 184% Analyst Ratings: No research firm follows Dynatronics. TheStreet Ratings has a "hold" rating on the stock after upgrading from "sell" on Sept. 30, 2009. The latest report says the company's largely solid financial position, reasonable debt levels and expanding profit margins are countered by deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
4. Synthesis Energy Systems (SYMX - Get Report) Company Profile: Synthesis Energy builds plants that use proprietary gasification technology to convert low-rank coal and related wastes into higher-value energy products. Shares rallied in March after Synthesis Energy signed an agreement with China Energy Industry Holding Group for a cash investment of $83.8 million to support Synthesis Energy's business strategy in China, including project development and investment. Current Share Price: $4.18 (April 26) 2011 Total Return: 257% Analyst Ratings: Two research shops follow Synthesis, with Deutsche Bank rating the stock a "buy" with a $3 price target. The other firm, Johnson Rice & Co., rates the stock as "equalweight." TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock, which it has maintained for two years. The latest report cites several negative areas for Synthesis, most notably the company's poor profit margins.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts