7. Authentidate Holding (ADAT)
Company Profile: Authentidate provides software applications and Web-based services for businesses.The surge in Authentidate's stock started in early April after the company completed the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Authentidate International AG, to Switzerland's Exceet Group AG. The transaction yielded net cash proceeds of $1.3 million. During the second half of April, the Department of Veteran Affairs, Ameri-Quipt and Superior Oxygen & Medical Equipment selected Authentidate's services. Current Share Price: $1.23 (April 26) 2011 Total Return: 176% Analyst Ratings: C.K. Cooper & Co. is the lone firm with research coverage on Authentidate, rating the stock a "buy" with a $2 price target. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock, which it has maintained for two years. The latest report on Authentidate highlights the company's "deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
6. USA Technologies (USAT) Company Profile: USA Technologies is a supplier of cashless, remote management, reporting and energy-management services. Shares of USA Technologies ramped higher in January after the company said revenue in its fiscal second quarter jumped 60% from a year earlier to $6 million, while its net loss narrowed to a penny a share from a loss of 19 cents. Shares pulled back slightly in March after USA Technologies announced it raised nearly $11 million in a private placement of common stock. In April, USA Technologies announced a collaboration with Verizon Wireless for connectivity that enables wireless point-of-sale payments at vending machines via credit and debit cards. Current Share Price: $2.89 (April 26) 2011 Total Return: 180% Analyst Ratings: Janney Montgomery Scott is the only research firm with coverage of USA Technologies, rating the stock a "hold" with a price target of $1.25. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" recommendation on USA Technologies, citing disappointing return on equity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV