9. Central Federal (CFBK)
Company Profile: Central Federal is the holding company for CFBank, an Ohio-based community-oriented financial institution offering financial services.Shares rallied in January after Central Federal said it had regained compliance with the Nasdaq's minimum bid price requirement. The stock was subject to delisting if it didn't close above $1 a share for a period of time. In February, Eloise Mackus, who had been serving as the company's interim CEO since May 2010, was officially appointed to the top executive position. Current Share Price: $1.23 (April 26) 2011 Total Return: 141% Analyst Ratings: Central Federal isn't followed by research analysts. However, TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" recommendation on Central Federal, noting "disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
8. Capital Trust (CT) Company Profile: Capital Trust is a finance- and investment-management company that specializes in credit-sensitive structured financial products. The company is focused on the commercial real estate industry. The stock spiked in April after Capital Trust announced a debt restructuring deal, which was financed by a new $83 million mezzanine loan provided by an affiliate of Five Mile Capital Partners. Current Share Price: $4.05 (April 26) 2011 Total Return: 161% Analyst Ratings: There are no analysts following Capital Trust. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock, which it has maintained for two years. The latest report highlights Capital Trust's "feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV