NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks had a strong finish to the day after all three major indices hit 52-week highs on a better-than-expected read for April consumer confidence and encouraging earnings reports.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished up by 115 points, or 0.9%, at 12,595. The S&P 500 was higher by 12 points, or 0.9%, at 1347, and the Nasdaq was ahead by 22 points, or 0.8%, at 2848. The indicies all hit 52-week highs Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV