Metalline Presents Report On Oxide Zinc Resource At Sierra Mojada
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Metalline Mining Company (TSX: MMZ, AMEX: MMG) ("Metalline") is pleased to announce that we have made available the report entitled "Historical Oxide Zinc Resource Review – Sierra Mojada Project" independently prepared by JDS Energy & Mining Inc. ("JDS").
The report was commissioned to review all recent work on the zinc oxide mineralization at Sierra Mojada. A summary of the findings by JDS is as follows:
- The mining of the "Shallow Silver Zone" defined in the NI 43-101 compliant resource report released April 20, 2011 and the "Red Zinc Manto" could be expected to have a positive impact on the economics of the zinc resource by reducing the overall strip ratio.
- The overlap between the silver and zinc mineralization lends itself well to a two stage processing circuit whereby the silver is mined first and the zinc is stock piled for later processing.
- Many areas within the current "inferred" Zinc Resource are under-drilled and further work needs to focus on filling in these gaps to increase confidence.
- There remains significant exploration upside for zinc mineralization by targeting the deeper "White Zinc Manto".
The report goes on to outline three immediate value-add opportunities for the project in 2011:
- Expand the resources up and down dip, along strike to include the smithsonite zone and increase the resources of the shallow silver zone ( increased resources).
- Identify waste-stripping synergies between the zinc oxide and the near surface silver resources ( reduced stripping).
- Upgrade a significant portion of the resources from an Inferred classification to Measured or Indicated (increased confidence).
JDS has been hired by Metalline in a consulting capacity for the Sierra Mojada project since July 2010. Part of their mandate has been to review and compile all data at Sierra Mojada.About Metalline Mining Company Metalline Mining Company is focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of mineral properties. Metalline currently owns mineral concessions in the municipality of Sierra Mojada, Coahuila, Mexico and holds licenses in Gabon, Africa. Metalline conducts its operations in Mexico through its wholly owned Mexican subsidiaries, Minera Metalin S.A. de C.V. and Contratistas de Sierra Mojada S.A. de C.V. To obtain more information on Metalline Mining Company, visit the Company's web site www.metallinemining.com. On behalf of the Board of Directors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV