At March 31, 2011, the Corporation’s leverage ratio, tier 1 and total risk based capital ratios were 7.59 percent, 12.25 percent and 13.51 percent, respectively. All ratios reflect the March 2011 $7.2 million partial redemption of the preferred shares previously issued under the Treasury’s Capital Purchase Program. The Corporation’s ratios are all above the levels necessary to be considered well capitalized under applicable regulatory guidelines. Additionally, the Corporation’s common equity ratio (common equity to total assets) at March 31, 2011 is 6.46 percent.
As previously announced, on April 21, 2011, the Board of Directors declared a regular cash dividend of $0.05 per share payable on May 19, 2011 to shareholders of record on May 5, 2011.
ABOUT THE CORPORATIONPeapack-Gladstone Financial Corporation is a bank holding company with total assets of $1.52 billion as of March 31, 2011. Peapack-Gladstone Bank, its wholly owned community bank, was established in 1921, and has 23 branches in Somerset, Hunterdon, Morris, Middlesex and Union Counties. The Bank’s Trust Division, PGB Trust and Investments, operates at the Bank’s new corporate offices located at 500 Hills Drive in Bedminster and at four other locations in Clinton, Morristown and Summit, New Jersey and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. To learn more about Peapack-Gladstone Financial Corporation and its services please visit our website at www.pgbank.com or call 908-234-0700. The foregoing contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are not historical facts and include expressions about management’s confidence and strategies and management’s expectations about new and existing programs and products, investments, relationships, opportunities and market conditions. These statements may be identified by such forward-looking terminology as “expect”, “look”, “believe”, “anticipate”, “may”, or similar statements or variations of such terms. Actual results may differ materially from such forward-looking statements. Factors that may cause results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to
- a continued or unexpected decline in the economy, in particular in our New Jersey market area;
- declines in value in our investment portfolio;
- higher than expected increases in our allowance for loan losses;
- higher than expected increases in loan losses or in the level of nonperforming loans;
- unexpected changes in interest rates;
- inability to successfully grow our business;
- inability to manage our growth;
- a continued or unexpected decline in real estate values within our market areas;
- legislative and regulatory actions (including the impact of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and related regulations) subject us to additional regulatory oversight which may result in increased compliance costs;
- higher than expected FDIC insurance premiums;
- lack of liquidity to fund our various cash obligations;
- repurchase of our preferred shares issued under the Treasury’s Capital Purchase Program which will impact net income available to our common shareholders and our earnings per share;
- reduction in our lower-cost funding sources;
- our inability to adapt to technological changes;
- claims and litigation pertaining to fiduciary responsibility, environmental laws and other matters; and
- other unexpected material adverse changes in our operations or earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV