Cramer told a viewer to not pay attention to the West Texas Intermediate crude prices as they do not reflect the true price of oil. Cramer told a second viewer to be weary of Oceaneering International (OII), as deep-water drilling has not yet been fully blessed by Washington.
When asked about SunTrust Bank (STI), Cramer said the banks remain dicey as Washington continues to attack them. Cramer did give the nod to Macy's (M) when asked about this retailer. He said when gas prices go up, the markets sell retail, but stick with Macy's.
Finally, when asked about making money with eBooks, Cramer said he likes Apple and Amazon.com (AMZN). However, he said all high-multiple stocks get hammered after earnings, so wait for the pullback before buying.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on Interactive Brokers (IBKR), InterDigital Communications (IDCC), Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), Alcoa (AA) and First Niagara Financial (FNFG). He was bearish on Panera Bread (PNRA), Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK).
High on GoldIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer once again recommended investors own some gold. He reiterated that gold has outperformed all other asset classes and he's bullish on gold bullion, the SPDR Gold Shares (GLD) ETF and on gold miners such as GoldCorp (GG), Barrick Gold (ABX) and Novagold (NG). Cramer said he's not a fan of gold coins, as they include too high of a markup. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV