CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, April 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, today released its annual Corporate Responsibility Report, titled "Making an Impact." The report profiles TD Bank's efforts as a strong corporate citizen and provides information about its community, social, and economic impact and performance.
TD Bank's commitment to corporate responsibility resulted in many achievements in 2010 within its strategic focus areas of affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment, including:
- The TD Charitable Foundation provided $2.5 million in donations in support of non-profit organizations to create, rehabilitate or maintain affordable housing in communities from Maine to Florida.
- The TD Bank WOW!Zone, a free online and in-school program for grades K-12, taught nearly 100,000 students how to build good financial habits.
- The TD Bank Summer Reading Program saw nearly 32,000 children read at least 10 books over their summer vacation while teaching them the value of saving money - TD Bank awarded each student who read 10 books with $10 in a new or existing Young Saver account.
- TD Bank became the largest U.S.-based bank to go carbon neutral by constructing greener buildings, lowering energy consumption and making a significant investment in renewable energy sources.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded TD Bank with the 2010 Green Power Leadership Award winner, recognizing TD Bank as a leading green power purchaser for its commitment and contribution to helping advance the development of the nation's voluntary green power market.
"Having the opportunity to positively impact the communities where we do business is both a privilege and a responsibility," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation and Executive Vice President of Community Relations at TD Bank. "For us, making an impact means contributing to the social and economic development of our communities throughout the TD Bank footprint."The 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report highlights TD Bank's dedication to being a transparent and accountable organization. The report is available online at http://www.tdbank.com/exc/pdf/2010_corporate_responsibility_snapshot.pdf. To learn more about how TD Bank's parent company, TD Bank Group, supports the community visit http://www.td.com/corporateresponsibility/crr2010/home/index.jsp. About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the United States, providing customers with a full range of financial products and services at more than 1,250 convenient locations from Maine to Florida. On September 30, 2010, The South Financial Group, Inc. was acquired by TD Bank Group, and its subsidiary Carolina First Bank merged with TD Bank. Carolina First Bank will continue to operate under the trade names Carolina First Bank in North and South Carolina and Mercantile Bank in Florida until conversion and rebranding in June 2011. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., and Portland, Maine. Carolina First Bank and Mercantile Bank are trade names of TD Bank, N.A. For more information, visit www.tdbank.com. TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America and one of the few banks in the world rated Aaa by Moody's. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com. SOURCE TD Bank