Energy Stocks: Winners & Losers
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - RPC (RES), Complete Production Services (CPX) and Halliburton (HAL) were top gainers last week, while Trina Solar (TSL) Suntech Power (STP) and Yingli Green Energy (YGE) headed the losers' list last week.
RPC and Completed Production Services, in the wake of better-than-expected sales in the first quarter of 2011, topped the charts, gaining 16% and 15.6%, respectively. RPC's sales grew 115.3%, while CPX had year-over-year sales growth of 88.1%.
Halliburton advanced 12.4% last week on a Jefferies nod. The brokerage reiterated a buy on the stock after the March quarter results and raised its price target from $59 to $63.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV