The Gabelli Global Multimedia Trust Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE:GGT) transferable rights offering (the “Offer”) to the Fund’s shareholders of common stock will expire tomorrow, April 26, 2011, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the expiration date). Pursuant to the Offer, the Fund has issued one transferable right (a “Right”) for each share of common stock of the Fund to shareholders of record (record date shareholders) as of March 29, 2011.
As previously announced, investment of the proceeds raised will be made in accordance with the Fund’s investment objectives and policies as appropriate new investment opportunities are identified.
SUMMARY OF THE TERMS OF THE OFFER
- The Fund has issued one Right for each share of common stock of the Fund to shareholders of record as of March 29, 2011.
- Three Rights entitle a shareholder to purchase one additional share of common stock at a price of $7.00 per share (the subscription price).
- The over-subscription privilege permits all record date shareholders who have fully exercised their primary subscription Rights to subscribe, subject to certain limitations and a pro-rata allotment, for any additional shares of common stock not purchased pursuant to the primary subscription. Rights acquired in the secondary market may not participate in the over-subscription privilege. The Board of Directors has the right in its absolute discretion to eliminate the over-subscription privilege with respect to the primary over-subscription shares if it considers it to be in the best interest of the Fund to do so. The Board of Directors may make that determination at any time, without prior notice to Rights holders or others, up to and including the seventh day following the expiration date.
Holders of Rights who wish to subscribe for additional shares of common stock should contact the information agent, Georgeson, at (866) 257-5415 or their broker for instructions with respect to exercising Rights to subscribe for additional shares of common stock. Holders of Rights who are unable or do not wish to exercise any or all of their Rights may instruct their broker to sell any unexercised Rights.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV