CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) Astec Industries Inc., which makes equipment for building, paving and mining, said Monday its first-quarter net income rose 15 percent, boosted by strong international sales.
Net income rose to $10.1 million, or 44 cents per share, from $8.8 million, or 39 cents per share last year. Analysts expected net income of 42 cents per share, according to FactSet.
Revenue rose 19 percent to $230.2 million from $193.5 million last year. Analysts expected revenue of $206 million.
Domestic revenue rose 14 percent, and international revenue rose 29.2 percent.CEO J. Don Brock said the company does not expect a large U.S. government highway spending bill due to the budget crisis. But he said Astec is offsetting that by expanding internationally and serving other markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV