5 Ways To Plan A Wedding In A Month
Keep up the legwork
From finding a baker who'll do a quick cake or cupcakes to getting a florist willing to do big arrangements in a small time, a month of all-out wedding planning requires a lot of attention and creativity. Juggling bands, DJs, photographers and transportation can be tough, but a savvy couple that cuts corners by planning a wedding when everyone's already paying to be in town -- such as on Thanksgiving weekend -- can be not only challenging, but fun if done correctly.
"I think that hosting a wedding in a short amount of time like this opens the door to some fun, nontraditional ideas," Eisinger says. "There's this feeling that if you're doing this in such a short amount of time, it's almost like eloping, and there's something romantic about getting married very quickly."
Planning a wedding this quickly can also be beneficial, as it prevents the couple from stewing on the small stuff, exposing potentially fatal foibles and basically sucking all the excitement out of the process. There's less time to plan, but there's also less time to worry about the planning and waiting for the big day."You have less time to freak out about it," Naylor says. "Having less time requires you to be more efficient, to communicate more clearly with each other and with vendors, get it done and get to the married part." -- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV