The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN; the “Fund”) held an Annual Meeting of Stockholders today, April 21, 2011. At the Meeting, stockholders of the Fund voted to re-elect Leslie H. Gelb, Stephane R. F. Henry and Luis F. Rubio to serve as Class II Directors of the Fund until the 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders or until their respective successors are duly elected and qualified.
The Fund is a closed-end management investment company that seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in Indian equity securities. The Fund conducts semi-annual repurchase offers and is traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol “IFN.”
Blackstone Asia Advisors L.L.C. serves as the Investment Manager to the Fund. The Investment Manager is an affiliate of The Blackstone Group L.P.
Information on the Fund can be obtained on the Blackstone website ( www.blackstone.com) or by calling the Fund’s toll-free phone number at 1-866-800-8933.This press release may contain statements regarding plans and expectations for the future that constitute forward-looking statements within the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking and can be identified by the use of words such as “may,” “will,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “believe,” “continue” or other similar words. Such forward-looking statements are based on the Fund’s current plans and expectations, and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. Additional information concerning such risks and uncertainties are contained in the Fund’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV