Metro Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select Market Symbol: METR), parent company of Metro Bank, today reported net income of $1.5 million, or $0.11, per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. The Company also reported an increase of $2.6 million, or 10%, in total revenues over the same period of last year as well as growth in deposits and loans.
First Quarter Financial Highlights
|Total loans (net)||$||1.42||Billion||$||1.39||Billion||2||%|
|Diluted net income per share||$||0.11||$||0.00|
Commenting on the Company’s financial results, Chairman Gary L. Nalbandian stated “we are pleased with our improvement in net income over the results we recorded in the first quarter of 2010, as well as our strong linked quarter growth in core deposits of $67.2 million, or 4%, and linked quarter growth in net loans of $67.2 million, or 5%. We are also encouraged by the continued stabilization in the asset quality of our loan portfolio as evidenced by a decrease in the level of nonperforming assets for the third consecutive quarter.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV