Granted, this is cancer we're talking about, so relatively more risk is acceptable. But the FDA's request for lots more patient hospitalization data suggests heightened scrutiny on Chemosat's safety profile relative to its purported benefit.
"$AEN what awesome work by @adamfeuerstein on the Alzheimer's test results. Ton of $ could've been made. Tip of the hat Adam and all for free."
Thank you. I'm just wondering if Adeona CEO James Kuo has found the time to read the column yet.
More tweets, this one from @aeroforce: "What's your outlook on Dendreon (DNDN) for the year?" First, think about the first-quarter results. Dendreon reports on May 2, with the current analyst consensus for Provenge sales at $29 million. A more important near-term focus for investors will be second-quarter Provenge sales.
Heather D. writes, "Any word on FDA approval of abiraterone acetate for prostate cancer? Thanks for any info you can share." Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) has not disclosed a precise FDA approval decision date for abiraterone but the best guess is June 20, based on when the drug was filed. I have heard unconfirmed rumors that the abiraterone approval might come early. Abiraterone's initial approval will be for the treatment of post-chemotherapy prostate cancer patients, so the drug should not compete with Dendreon's Provenge, at least not right away. J&J is conducting clinical studies to move abiraterone treatment before chemotherapy, which could make the drug more directly competitive against Provenge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV