Ameristar Casinos (ASCA) should benefit from the stabilization of overall regional gaming revenue.
Greff foresees regional gaming revenue growing in the low-to-mid-single digit range in 2011 and strengthening in 2010.Nonetheless, he lowered his first-quarter revenue and EBITDA estimates for Ameristar, citing softer-than-expected results at St. Charles and East Chicago. His revised estimates also take into account lackluster January gross gaming revenue, which was hampered by inclement weather across most of Ameristar's jurisdictions, as well as sluggish February results. Greff does not believe this weakness can be fully offset by strength in March. "We continue to maintain our neutral rating as we believe the stock will remain range bound in the near-to-mid term," he wrote in a note. "While we believe upside in shares is limited given the lack of long-term growth drivers, we think shares have reached a bottom and have support near these levels given Ameristar's free cash flow yield." But Ameristar was upgraded on Wednesday by Morgan Joseph to buy from hold. The regional casino operator is scheduled to report its first-quarter results on May 4, and analysts are expecting a profit of 29 cents a share on revenue of $305.3 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV