Silicom Ltd. (NASDAQ:SILC)(TASE:SILC), an industry-leading provider of high-performance server/appliances networking solutions, today reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011.
Silicom’s Q1 revenues increased by 43% to $9.2 million from $6.4 million in the first quarter of 2010. The sales growth reflects new wins with major customers, continued strong sales of all products and rising demand in all target markets.
On a GAAP basis, reported net income totalled $1.8 million, or $0.25 per diluted share ($0.26 per basic share), up 88% from $0.9 million, or $0.13 per diluted share ($0.14 per basic share), in the first quarter of 2010.
On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes non-cash share-based compensation, as described and reconciled below, net income totalled $1.9 million, or $0.27 per diluted and basic share. This is up 87% compared with $1.0 million, or $0.14 per diluted share ($0.15 per basic share), in the first quarter of 2010.As of March 31, 2011, the Company’s cash, cash equivalents, bank deposits and marketable securities totalled $46.9 million, or $6.81 per outstanding share, up $1.1 million from the $45.8 million recorded at the end of 2010. Commenting on the results, Shaike Orbach, President and CEO, said, “The first quarter of 2011 was a great beginning to what we believe will be another strong year for Silicom. Our revenues continue to rise at a faster pace than our markets, demonstrating that we are gaining market share and creating new market niches. We are also proud to report an increase of 87% in our net income, an accomplishment which confirms the exceptional profit-generating potential of our business model. “Throughout the quarter, we continued to generate strong sales of all our products to all major customers in all target markets. We were particularly excited by two milestone events which together demonstrate the essence of our strategy: pursuing aggressive growth in our traditional businesses while actualizing the dramatic potential of our SETAC business.
- We secured two major Design Wins from existing major customers: an additional business unit of a Fortune-100 networking customer, and a leading Application Delivery customer. After they have reached their production run rate, these Design Wins will generate a total of $4 million per year. These wins are in addition to the new customers that we continue adding to our portfolio every quarter, each of which offers the potential for significant ongoing orders over time.
- A Tier 1 server manufacturer has begun offering an appliance that combines our SETAC Server To Appliance Converter with one of its popular standard servers, thereby moving SETAC further into the industry spotlight. This is in line with our strategy for building SETAC into one of our most powerful growth engines.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV