The Gabelli Healthcare & Wellness Rx Trust (the “Fund”) (NYSE:GRX) is pleased to announce the completion of a rights offering (the “Offering” or “Offer”) in which the Fund issued 2,809,315 common shares, totaling $18,260,548. The Offering was significantly over-subscribed. The Fund’s common shareholders of record as of March 8, 2011 (record date shareholders) received one transferable right (a “Right”) for each common share of the Fund held on the record date. Holders of Rights were entitled to purchase one newly issued common share by submitting three Rights and $6.50 per share (the subscription price).
The Fund received subscriptions (including over-subscription requests) for over 8.5 million common shares, totaling approximately $55 million. The Fund retained $18 million with the balance to be returned to investors that submitted over-subscription requests. Approximately 68% of the shares issued were subscribed for in the primary subscription. Pursuant to the Offering, the remaining shares were allocated to shareholders who exercised their full primary subscription Rights in accordance with the terms of the over-subscription privilege.
All of the common shares subscribed for were issued on April 20, 2011. It is anticipated that the newly issued common shares will be delivered on or about April 21, 2011.
We thank all our subscribing shareholders as well as the full service brokers and financial advisers who assisted our shareholders throughout the Rights Offering.The Gabelli Healthcare & Wellness Rx Trust is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company with $128 million in total net assets, after giving effect to the full subscription of the Rights Offering, whose primary investment objective is long-term growth of capital. The Fund is managed by Gabelli Funds, LLC, a subsidiary of GAMCO Investors, Inc. (NYSE:GBL), which is a publicly traded NYSE listed company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV