Why does Pottery Barn get its own entry when we just went over how well Williams-Sonoma is doing? Because its Merritt Bench coffee tables are carrying Williams-Sonoma right now.
Pottery Barn has jumped from 6% of the registry market in 2009 to 8% last year while the retailer as a whole saw same-store sales sales jump 14.3% -- almost three times the growth rate of the flagship Williams-Sonoma brand.
Craftily designed home furnishings and decor form an extremely limited niche, but the 1% of Pottery Barn registrants who chose the chain as their primary registry are still a larger contingent than the near-nonexistent minorities who chose Sears or Home Depot as their top wedding toy chest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV