On this call, representatives of Fulton may make forward-looking statements with respect to Fulton's financial condition, results of operations and business. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond Fulton's control and difficult to predict and could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or forecasted in the forward-looking statements. Fulton undertakes no obligation other than required by law to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
In our earnings release, we've included our Safe Harbor statement on forward-looking statements. And we refer to you to the statement in the earnings release, and that statement is now incorporated into this presentation. For a more complete discussion of certain risks and uncertainties affecting Fulton, please see the section entitled Risk Factors and Management Discussion and Analysis of financial condition and results of operations set forth in Fulton's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Now, I'd like to turn the call over to your host, Scott Smith.
R. SmithThanks, Laura, and good morning. It's nice to have you with us today. As has been our practice in the past, after Phil, Charlie and I conclude our prepared remarks, we will be happy to respond to your individual questions. We're up to a good start. In 2011, we reported diluted net income per share of $0.17 for the first quarter, a 6.3% increase over the $0.16 we recorded in the fourth quarter of 2010. As you know, our performance over the last several years has been impacted by our asset quality challenges. During this period, we focused on positioning the company for the future, realizing that these headwinds would eventually subside as the economy improves.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV