MicroFinancial Incorporated (NASDAQ:MFI) a financial intermediary specializing in vendor based leasing and finance programs for microticket transactions, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011.
- Increased cash received from customers by 18.0% to $25.8 million representing $1.77 per diluted share as compared to the first quarter of 2010;
- Increased net income to $2.0 million as compared to $0.6 million for the same period last year;
- Increased total revenues by 8.4% to $13.3 million as compared to the same period last year;
- Reduced total expenses by 11.9% as compared to the same period in last year;
- Improved net charge-offs by 29% from $7.0 million to $5.0 million; and
- Approved 452 new vendors during the quarter.
First Quarter Results:
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 was $2.0 million, or $0.14 per diluted share on 14,533,102 shares, compared with results in the first quarter of 2010, which included net income of $0.6 million or $0.04 per diluted share based upon 14,409,175 shares.Revenue for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 increased to $13.3 million compared to $12.3 million in the first quarter of 2010 due primarily to the increase in leasing revenues associated with our new lease originations. Income on leases was $9.1 million, up $1.0 million from the same period last year, and rental income was $2.0 million, which is consistent with the same period last year. Other revenue components contributed $2.2 million for the quarter which is also consistent with the same period last year. Total operating expenses for the quarter decreased 11.9% to $10.0 million from $11.4 million in the first quarter of 2010. Selling, general and administrative expenses increased $0.8 million to $4.0 million from $3.2 million for the same period last year related primarily to increases in personnel related expenses, rent expense, and bank service charges. The first quarter 2011 provision for credit losses decreased $2.2 million to $4.8 million as compared to the first quarter of 2010. This decrease was due primarily to lower delinquency levels and lower charge off levels. First quarter 2011 net charge-offs decreased to $5.0 million from $7.0 million in the comparable period of 2010 while recoveries increased slightly to $1.3 million from $0.9 million. Interest expense for the first quarter of 2011 decreased $0.1 million to $0.7 million as compared to the first quarter of 2010 due to lower interest rates being offset by higher average outstanding debt balances on our revolving line of credit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV