Berquist also reaffirmed Marriott's outlook for first-quarter earnings-per-share between 24 cents and 28 cents.
When Marriott reported its fourth-quarter results earlier this year, investors were particularly impressed with word from
"Marriott International expects to spin off its timeshare operations and development business as a new independent company through a special tax-free
Analysts from Goldman Sachs (GS) cut its rating and price target on Marriott, citing uncertainty about the company's planned timeshare spin-off.Goldman downgraded Marriott to neutral, from buy, and cut its price target on the stock by $10 to $38. -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV