Marriott said Wednesday that it expects revPAR to rise between 6% and 8% in North America, and between 5% and 7% outside North America, in the second quarter and in 2011.
Second-quarter earnings are expected to come in between 34 cents and 38 cents per share, lower than the 39 cents analysts had forecast.
Marriott CFO Carl Berquist, speaking at the J.P. Morgan Gaming, Lodging, Restaurant & Leisure Management Access Forum in Las Vegas last month, said demand in international markets has been strong but that North American revPAR has been less robust than expected, especially in large group hotels in key cities like New York, Atlanta, Orlando and Washington, D.C.Those cautionary words led investors to bid shares of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV