Tesla Motors launched the Design Studio, a tool that allows consumers to customize, view and share their own Tesla electric vehicles on the web, on their smartphones and iPads, and at Tesla stores. Using HTML5 for cross-platform compatibility, the Design Studio makes the buying experience flexible, engaging and interactive. It is located on Tesla’s website at www.teslamotors.com/roadster/design.
Visitors to the Design Studio on the Tesla website can build their dream Roadster, choosing hard top or soft top, paint color, interior design, wheels, and more. When done, they can view how their photo-realistic Roadster looks on the road against three outdoor backdrops. Customers can share their design via social media channels or email, or place an order – from anywhere in the world.
The Design Studio is also available on iPad and mobile. Product specialists at Tesla showrooms are equipped with iPads to walk prospective customers through the process and explore their options. Tesla’s new Santana Row showroom also offers the Design Studio on touchscreen displays that allow customers to “throw” their design to a large screen at the back of the store with a swipe of their hand.
“The Design Studio’s goal is to personalize the Tesla experience,” said George Blankenship, Tesla’s VP of Sales and Ownership Experience. “It’s the most advanced configurator any automaker has come up with, letting you choose exactly what you want, look at it from every angle, and see it in the wild.”Tesla’s internal web team collaborated with digital marketing agency Odopod to build advanced features into the Design Studio, including:
- Seamless integration between platforms, allowing users who build their cars online to call up saved designs on other devices or in the showroom.
- Graphics that push the boundaries of realism, giving users an authentic experience.
- Single-screen editing, allowing users to mix and match features without progressing through a number of screens or needing to backtrack.
- Unique interior and exterior pairing, so that users can see how the interior of their car would look from the outside and vice versa.
- An extensible platform that will allow Model S to be added to the Design Studio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV