Gildan Activewear Stock Hits New 52-Week High (GIL)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Gildan Activewear (NYSE:GIL) hit a new 52-week high Wednesday as it is currently trading at $36.79, above its previous 52-week high of $36.09 with 339,420 shares traded as of 10:31 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 521,300 shares over the past 30 days. Gildan Activewear has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 25.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Gildan Activewear Inc. manufactures and sells T-shirts, activewear, underwear, and socks to wholesale screen printers, embroiderers, and retailers in North America, Europe, and internationally. It sells T-shirts, fleece, and sport shirts under the Gildan brand name. The company has a P/E ratio of 21, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 21.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 16.3.
- Practice your GIL trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV