"At a minimum, the quickening shift to physically allocated gold proves the long-term intent of the institutions involved," argues Adrian Ash, head of research at BullionVault.com, " David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital made the move two years ago. It's since saved his clients at least $3.2 million in fees."
Nevertheless, record high prices are making some traders jittery. Scott Redler, chief strategic officer at T3live.com, is taking profits in some of his gold position and David Banister, chief investment strategist at ActiveTradingPartners.com says "I would probably be looking to trim some of my positions."
Banister believes gold could rally to between $1,525 and $1,550 before seeing a meaningful correction to the $1,300 level. Banister, however, does think that gold could still hit $1,750 to $2,000 in the next few years.On the other hand, Will Rhind, head of U.S. operations for ETF Securities, has not seen any profit taking or price sensitivity from gold buyers but is noticing more diversification. "What we are noticing is a very clear trend
|More on Gold Gold Price News|
|How to Invest in Gold|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alix Steel. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adsteel. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV