2. Solutia (SOA) is a manufacturer and marketer of a variety of chemical and engineered materials used in a range of consumer and industrial applications worldwide. The company's segments are Saflex, CPFilms and Technical Specialties. The stock has gained 46% during the past one year.
The company will report its first quarter 2011 results on May 2. Total revenue is projected to increase 10.4% to $514.5 million from $466 million in the year-ago quarter. Subsequently, net income is seen at $53.8 million or 46 cents per share, as opposed to a loss of $58 million or 49 cents per share reported in the first quarter of 2010.
S&P recently upgraded its ratings on Solutia, changing corporate credit rating from BB- to BB, with a stable outlook. The company's senior secured credit facilities were upgraded from BB- to BB+, while the $400 million senior unsecured notes, due 2017, and $300 million senior unsecured notes, due 2020, were also upgraded from B+ to BB-.Of the eight analysts covering the stock, 88% recommend it a buy. On average, analysts expect an upside of 26% to $31 in value from current levels. TheStreet Ratings recently upgraded the stock from hold to buy, citing its impressive earnings per share growth, compelling net income growth, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, and solid stock price performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV