4. Kraton Performance Polymers (KRA) is a producer of styrenic block copolymers (SBCs). Its products find application in a range of everyday merchandize such as disposable baby diapers, rubberized grips of toothbrushes, razor blades, power tools, and in asphalt formulations used to pave roads.
The company will report its first quarter 2011 results on May 5. Total revenue is forecast to increase 21% to $330 million from $272.7 million in the year-ago quarter. Subsequently, net income is seen at $28.9 million, up 46% year-over-year. Earnings per share are projected to increase 25% to 80 cents from 64 cents reported in the first quarter of 2010.
The company recently concluded its secondary public offering of ~10 million shares of its common stock held by affiliates of TPG Capital L.P. and J.P. Morgan LLC., at a price of $37.75 per share. The company did not receive any proceeds from the offering, and the total number of shares of common stock outstanding did not change because of the offering.The stock was recently upgraded to buy with a price target of $55 from $47 at UBS. Also, analysts at Oppenheimer reiterated an outperform rating on the stock. Of the eight analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend it a buy, while 13% rate it a hold. On average, analysts expect an upside of 22% to $49.14 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV