5. Ferro (FOE) is a producer of specialty materials and chemical products including electronics, color and glass materials such as conductive metal pastes and powders, polishing materials, enamels, pigments, dinnerware decoration colors, other performance materials and polymer and ceramic engineered materials such as polymer specialty materials, engineered plastic compounds, pigment dispersions, pigments and pharmaceutical active ingredients.
The company is scheduled to report its first quarter 2011 results on April 27 and expects net income of $23.8 million or 28 cents per share, as against a loss of $70,000 or 0-cent per share in the comparable quarter of last year. Moreover, total revenue is expected to increase 9.2% year-over-year to $538.3 million, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The company recently opened a photovoltaic research and development laboratory in Neihu Technology Park, Taipei City, Taiwan. This expansion will enable Ferro to provide timely technical support for local customers and deliver innovative solutions for improving the efficiency of solar cells, and lower the cost of solar cell production. Furthermore, the company also increased the price of its Geode product line by 7%-10%, effective April 1, 2011.The stock has gained 58% during the past one year, and currently trades at a PE of 18.7. Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 71% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 20% to $18 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV