6. Albemarle (ALB) is a developer, manufacturer and marketer of engineered specialty chemicals for consumer electronics, petroleum refining, utilities, packaging, construction, pharmaceuticals, crop protection and food-safety services. It operates in three segments: polymer solutions, catalysts, and fine chemicals.
The company reported record first quarter results on April 19. For the first quarter ended Mar. 2011, total revenue surged 20% y-o-y to $696.5 million, while gross margin grew 520 basis points to 33.5% from 28.3%. As a result, net income stood at $106.6 million or $1.15 per share, compared to $63.3 million or 69 cents per share a year ago.
The company recently increased its regular quarterly dividend to $0.165 cents per share from $0.14 per share, transforming into a annual dividend of 66 cents per share.Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 77% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 19% to $68.75 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV