7. Minerals Technologies (MTX) is a resource- and technology-based company, engaged in developing, producing and marketing a range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products, and supporting systems and services. The company operates in two reportable segments: specialty minerals and refractories.
The company is scheduled to report its first quarter 2011 results on April 29. Net income is projected to increase 2% to $15.6 million or 84 cents per share from $15.3 million or 82 cents per share in the comparable quarter of last year. However, total revenue is seen declining marginally to $250 million from $253.5 million, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The company recently announced an agreement with JK Paper Ltd. to construct a satellite precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) facility at JK Paper's largest pulp and paper mill located near Rayagada in the eastern state of Orissa, India. The plant will support the mill by producing more than 46,000 metric tons per year of PCC. This satellite PCC facility will be its fourth in India, constructed within a relatively short period. Once commercialized, it will bring the company's total count in Asia to 12.Of the five analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 16% to $75.5 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV