7. Minerals Technologies (MTX) is a resource- and technology-based company, engaged in developing, producing and marketing a range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products, and supporting systems and services. The company operates in two reportable segments: specialty minerals and refractories.
The company is scheduled to report its first quarter 2011 results on April 29. Net income is projected to increase 2% to $15.6 million or 84 cents per share from $15.3 million or 82 cents per share in the comparable quarter of last year. However, total revenue is seen declining marginally to $250 million from $253.5 million, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The company recently announced an agreement with JK Paper Ltd. to construct a satellite precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) facility at JK Paper's largest pulp and paper mill located near Rayagada in the eastern state of Orissa, India. The plant will support the mill by producing more than 46,000 metric tons per year of PCC. This satellite PCC facility will be its fourth in India, constructed within a relatively short period. Once commercialized, it will bring the company's total count in Asia to 12.Of the five analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend it a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 16% to $75.5 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV