1. Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes (GOL), a low-cost, low-fare airline provides service on routes connecting all Brazilian cities and from Brazil to cities in South America and select tourist destinations in the Caribbean. The airline is also a holding company with direct or indirect ownership in five subsidiaries.
For March 2011, GOL reported 19.6% year-over-year demand growth on its route network, with a load factor of 70.1%. For the same period, domestic market demand was up 17.7% while international demand increased 40.2%. This operating performance is regarded as the company's best since 2005.
According to data released by the Brazilian aviation regulator ANAC, in February, GOL with 39.77% market share edged out rival airline TAM (TAM), which had 39.59% market share, and emerged as Brazil's leading carrier in the local market. Meanwhile, overall air passenger traffic in Brazil increased 9.3% year over year in February.The company recently announced that it will deliberate a dividend amount of $32.53 million for full year 2010 at the annual general meeting scheduled for April 27. The airline is planning to open new sales points called VOE GOL at subway stations in Sao Paulo to enable customers purchase tickets, alter travel plans, cancel reservations, or to clarify details about their trip. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 69% rate it a buy while the remainder rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg have a consensus price target of $19.40 for the next 12 months, implying upside of 47.2%. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Emerging-Market Stocks to Watch portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV