1. Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes (GOL - Get Report), a low-cost, low-fare airline provides service on routes connecting all Brazilian cities and from Brazil to cities in South America and select tourist destinations in the Caribbean. The airline is also a holding company with direct or indirect ownership in five subsidiaries.
For March 2011, GOL reported 19.6% year-over-year demand growth on its route network, with a load factor of 70.1%. For the same period, domestic market demand was up 17.7% while international demand increased 40.2%. This operating performance is regarded as the company's best since 2005.
According to data released by the Brazilian aviation regulator ANAC, in February, GOL with 39.77% market share edged out rival airline TAM (TAM), which had 39.59% market share, and emerged as Brazil's leading carrier in the local market. Meanwhile, overall air passenger traffic in Brazil increased 9.3% year over year in February.The company recently announced that it will deliberate a dividend amount of $32.53 million for full year 2010 at the annual general meeting scheduled for April 27. The airline is planning to open new sales points called VOE GOL at subway stations in Sao Paulo to enable customers purchase tickets, alter travel plans, cancel reservations, or to clarify details about their trip. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 69% rate it a buy while the remainder rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg have a consensus price target of $19.40 for the next 12 months, implying upside of 47.2%. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Emerging-Market Stocks to Watch portfolio on Stockpickr.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts