6. China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) (SNP), operating through its subsidiaries, is an integrated energy and chemical company in China.
In March 2011, China's implied oil demand increased 11% year over year to 9.16 million barrels per day, preliminary data from the government revealed.
During the first quarter, Sinopec produced 31.55 million tons of refined oil, up 6.2% year over year. Crude oil processing volume increased 7.4% year-on-year to 54.72 million tons in the same period. Heading into April 2011, Sinopec estimates to produce 10.54 million tons of refined oil, indicating a 410,000-ton increase from March, as parent group Sinopec seeks to continue production at full capacity.In order to expand its resources base, Sinopec is looking to tap the vast oil and gas reserves of Russia's East Siberia and to continue working in the Sakhalin-3 block. The company also has completed building its 12 million-barrel commercial crude oil storage facility in Maoming city, one month ahead of schedule. The $260 million facility is scheduled to become operational on April 20 and is designed to store Oman crude oil and Saudi Arabian light crude. The facility has the capacity to store roughly two days of China's crude imports. Besides, Sinopec is also building a 20 million-barrel crude reserve base in the coastal city Beihai, ready for use in September. Of the four analysts covering the stock, three rate it a buy while one rates it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg have a consensus price taret of $119.50 for the next year, implying upside of 18.6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV